Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Virgin Islands Cooking. A slightly unripe papaya, whose skin is greenish-yellow or greenish-orange is best for making papaya fritters
- 236.59 ml self-rising flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml papaya, peeled and cut into cubes
- oil, for frying
- Combine flour, milk, egg and sugar. Then stir in papaya. (do not use electric mixer).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fritters can also be cooked on a griddle, like a pancake.
- Serve hot as a snack or side dish.
Delicious!! This was great! And best part it was so easy. I got more than 8 fritters using teaspoon. LOL be very careful with the temperature when frying. Made by member of "Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5
Made these tasty little treats on a griddle & we really enjoyed the subtle flavor of the papaya here! Will certainly be making these again, as I want to serve them to my veggie son & his wife! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in the Caribbean with the ZWT5]