Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
From Virgin Islands Cooking. A slightly unripe papaya, whose skin is greenish-yellow or greenish-orange is best for making papaya fritters
Top Review by daisygrl64
Delicious!! This was great! And best part it was so easy. I got more than 8 fritters using teaspoon. LOL be very careful with the temperature when frying. Made by member of "Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5
- 236.59 ml self-rising flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml papaya, peeled and cut into cubes
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, milk, egg and sugar. Then stir in papaya. (do not use electric mixer).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fritters can also be cooked on a griddle, like a pancake.
- Serve hot as a snack or side dish.