Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This is a versatile ice cream. You can exchange the papaya with 1 1/2 cups of pureed apricots, peaches or berries.
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve papayas, scrape out seeds and peel and dice the fruit. Force the diced fruit through a sieve or food mill (or whiz in blender for 30 seconds).
- Mix in the sugar, lemon juice and cream.
- Pour mixture into 8x13-inch pan and freeze quickly with your temperature control turned to it's coldest setting.
- Stir mixture twice during freezing.
- When firm, reduce temperature control to normal setting and allow ice cream to sit in the freezer for an hour before serving.