Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is also delicious with the addition of crabmeat, smoked fish or shredded chicken.
Make and share this Papaya, Cucumber and Shallot Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 papaya, preferably unripe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 12 mint leaves
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, roughly crushed (optional)
- Peel the papaya, remove the seeds and, using a peeler, slice the flesh lengthways. Cut into strips.
- Thinly slice the cucumber lengthways with the peeler, avoiding the seeds and cut into strips.
- Mix the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and mint in a large bowl and toss with the papaya, cucumber, shallots, tomatoes and chili. Chill.
- Line 6 bowls with the lettuce leaves and pile the salad on top.
- Drizzle with a little sweet chili sauce and scatter with cashews if using.