Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is also delicious with the addition of crabmeat, smoked fish or shredded chicken.
Make and share this Papaya, Cucumber and Shallot Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 papaya, preferably unripe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 12 mint leaves
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, roughly crushed (optional)
- Peel the papaya, remove the seeds and, using a peeler, slice the flesh lengthways. Cut into strips.
- Thinly slice the cucumber lengthways with the peeler, avoiding the seeds and cut into strips.
- Mix the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and mint in a large bowl and toss with the papaya, cucumber, shallots, tomatoes and chili. Chill.
- Line 6 bowls with the lettuce leaves and pile the salad on top.
- Drizzle with a little sweet chili sauce and scatter with cashews if using.