Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I fell in love with Fogo de Chao's papaya cream dessert. I had to recreate it at home. After a few tries, I think my recipe tastes even better!
- 1 medium ripe papaya, cut up in chunks
- 2 -3 scoops of Hagen Daaz vanilla ice cream (tried other brands, Hagen Daaz is the best)
- 1 tablespoon creme de cassis (optional)
- Put cut up papaya chunks and ice cream in blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in dessert glasses.
- Add Creme de Cassis if desired.
I think you hit it spot on. Really good clone. You didn't specify type of papaya--I used the large Mexican type and preferred that to the Hawaiian kind.
Best dessert ever! I also mixed in some of the cassis throughout the mousse.