1 hr 10 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Nice moist quick-bread, excellent for using up any papaya that is somewhat past it's prime for eating fresh. Like most quick-bread recipes, it's very adaptable. I've made equally yummy combinations of papaya-mango and papaya-banana breads when I didn't have the full amount of papaya available. Freezes well (cool completely, slice, then wrap loaf tightly in plastic wrap or foil.)
My Private Note
8inch l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease two 8" loaf pans.
- 3Beat eggs, applesauce, and vanilla in large bowl.
- 4Add sugar, beating until well blended.
- 5Blend in papaya puree.
- 6In a smaller bowl, sift together all dry ingredients (baking powder to flour).
- 7Add flour mixture to papaya mixture.
- 8Blend only until moistened, preferably by hand (overmixing will produce a tough bread).
- 9Fold in nuts (if using).
- 10Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (with moist crumbs attached).
- 12Cool pans on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 13Remove bread from pans and continue cooling, or slice and serve warm with butter or cream cheese (apple cinnamon flavored Brummel& Brown spread is wonderful with this as well).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papaya Bread II
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 217.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g