Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great gift bread as well as a family favorite.
Make and share this Papaya Bread I recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick baking/shortening spray and set aside.
- Place eggs, oil and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Mix on slow speed one or two minutes to combine ingredients.
- Add carrots, fresh papaya puree, applesauce and nuts.
- Mix one to two minutes until well-mixed.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda to mixture.
- Beat on medium speed one and a half to two minutes.
- Do not overbeat or end-product will become cake-like.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans, bake 55-60 minutes.
- Bread will appear pulled away from sides of pan and will be light brown in color.
- A crack will appear on the top of each loaf.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling racks.
- Let bread rest in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn in each loaf and place on end in pan to cool.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Wrap each loaf with plastic.
- It's particularly pretty to use colored plastic wrap or other decorative wrap if giving Papaya Bread as a gift.
- This bread freezes well.