1 hr 20 mins
This is a great gift bread as well as a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick baking/shortening spray and set aside.
- 3Place eggs, oil and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- 4Mix on slow speed one or two minutes to combine ingredients.
- 5Add carrots, fresh papaya puree, applesauce and nuts.
- 6Mix one to two minutes until well-mixed.
- 7Add flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda to mixture.
- 8Beat on medium speed one and a half to two minutes.
- 9Do not overbeat or end-product will become cake-like.
- 10Pour into 2 loaf pans, bake 55-60 minutes.
- 11Bread will appear pulled away from sides of pan and will be light brown in color.
- 12A crack will appear on the top of each loaf.
- 13Remove from oven, place on cooling racks.
- 14Let bread rest in pan for 10 minutes.
- 15Turn in each loaf and place on end in pan to cool.
- 16Cool thoroughly.
- 17Wrap each loaf with plastic.
- 18It's particularly pretty to use colored plastic wrap or other decorative wrap if giving Papaya Bread as a gift.
- 19This bread freezes well.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papaya Bread I
Serving Size: 1 (1836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2747.0
- Calories from Fat 1152
- Total Fat 128.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 3704.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 362.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 111.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g