Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This bread bursts of Island Paradise and is popular in Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. Flavored with papaya, macadamia nuts and coconut, this is a perfect breakfast bread or after dinner dessert. I am posting for ZWT, Pacific Islands.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups papayas (peeled,mashed)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine eggs,oil and sugar, mix on low for 30 seconds; add carrots, applesauce, papaya and coconut, mix on low another 30 sec.
- Add flour,salt,bakingsoda,cinammon and nutmeg to wet mixture and mix until just combined; stir in macadamia nuts.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans, bake 55-60 min,.
- Let rest in pan of approximately 10 min., remove from pan and cool on rack.
Made your recipe as given & had a wonderfully flavorful treat! Loved the combo of coconut, papaya & applesauce (I used some sauce that I'd made)! Also liked the carrots in this, but then I'm a big fan of carrot cake, so . . . Definitely a winner of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]