Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is taken from a cookbook published by the Canadian Women's Club of Barbados.
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml mango chutney, chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 709.77 ml chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 papaya, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- lettuce, as wished
- toasted almonds, as wished
- First make the dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Now make the salad. Mix 3/4 cup of the dressing with the chicken.
- Line a plate with lettuce leaves and mound the chicken on top of this.
- Place the sliced avocado & papaya (brush with lemon juice to prevent darkening) over the chicken.
- Spoon the remaining dressing over the top, then garnish with the toasted almonds.
For the U.T. Greek House Director's meeting this was a huge success! All 12 plates came back empty and I received many compliments. I did add 1 tablespoon more of the chutney. Maybe the brand I used wasn't as flavorful. I will be making this in the future.