Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I first tasted a similar recipe at a raw potluck in Boxborough, Ma. I have tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes. This is a delicious blend of raw super fruits that will delight the most discriminating palate.
Top Review by mail4cindy
If you are a big cinnamon fan, you might like this. I like cinnamon but didn't care for in this, I think it overpowers the beautiful tropical flavors of the fruit especially the coconut. I love young coconut.
- 1 large very ripe papaya
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large young fresh coconuts (do not use old coconuts)
- 4 dates (pitted, I used Majool)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and de-seed papaya. Cut in half. Cube ½ of the papaya. Set the other half aside.
- Remove milk from coconuts. Crack them open and clean out the insides. Young coconut meat is soft and easily removed. I use a spoon to scoop it out.
- Put the coconut milk and meat in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain. This will remove any little pieces of hard shell that get into the mix. Clean out the blender to ensure no hard pieces remain.
- Return the strained coconut mixture back to the blender and add the cubed papaya, one of the bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, and dates. Blend on high until totally incorporated.
- Put in large bowl and then cube the rest of the papaya, chop the other banana in ½ inch pieces and add to the puree. You can add other raw fruits such as strawberries or raspberries, its up to you.
- Serve cold and store left overs covered in the refrigerator. This is very perishable so eat it quickly!
- Bon Appetit.