Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head leaf lettuce, separated,washed and paper towel dried
- 1⁄2 head napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large papayas, peeled,seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh button mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bay shrimp
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed roasted hazelnuts
- 1 medium chili pepper, seeded and cut into slivers
- 3 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons nam pla fish sauce or 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, papaya slices and tomatoes (reserving a few slices of tomatoes and papaya for garnish).
- Spread this mixture over the lettuce on the platter and sprinkle with mushrooms, shrimp and hazelnuts.
- Decorate with reserved tomatoes and papaya and slivers of Chile peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and green onions.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and refrigerate until ready to serve.