Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lovely with scones or bagels and cream cheese
Make and share this Papaya and Mango Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb firm ripe fresh papaya, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm ripe fresh mangoes, peeled,cut away from stone and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to boil over moderate heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 or 40 minutes until most of the liquid has cooked away and mixture is thick, stirring often.
- Spoon jam into hot sterilized canning jars.
- Fill jar to within 0.125 in from top.
- Seal quickly and tightly.
This is a great tasting jam made with seasonal tropical produce. I did need to add some pectin as this jam did not want to set properly but it did not need much at all. A keeper for mango season!
Very Nice Jam :-) ...I did a slight modification. I used 8 cups of fruit to the 3 cups of sugar, Lime Juice from 1 whole lime. This cooks down very well and it is still very sweet. You definitely need to stay with the mixture while it cooks down or will stick to the bottom of the pan. This is still super sweet even with the additional lime and fruit. I would make again, but definitely decrease the sugar. Just wanted to Add an update.... This Jam recipe just won a second place ribbon for me at our local county fair1
Really yummy and very easy to make. WAY too much sugar, though, even after I cut the amount in 1/2. I have a Chocolate Mint plant so I added about 3 Tbsp of fresh mint. We got five 12 oz canning jars worth of lovely, tasty jam.