Recipe by MaryMatt1016
This spectacular summer salad comes from Ingrid Hoffman, of The Food Network's "Simply Delicioso". It's wonderful as a side dish for grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp.
Top Review by K9 Owned
Made for PAC Spring/09 I would never have thought of this combination but it was really great! We had this as a side with pork chops and I forgot to scale back the recipe for the two of us. The leftovers never made it to the fridge though as I had more after dinner and called it 'dessert'. The last bit served as a midnight snack. I expect to be making this many times over the summer and think I'll try it with goat cheese and cilantro in place of the mint and feta just for a change. Thanks for a keeper! see.
- 1 large papaya, seeded and diced, about 3 cups
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the papaya and mint leaves in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and honey.
- Drizzle the dressing over the papaya, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, sprinkle with the feta, and serve.