Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is traditionally Sardinian and is a sweet served on days of remembrance for Saints. It comes from a book I bought in Sardinia, called "Sardegna a tavola". Unfortunately a precise cooking temperature is not given.
- 500 g flour
- 300 g mixed nuts (including some skinned almonds)
- 300 g raisins
- 300 g sugar
- 200 g butter or 200 g lard
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 oranges, zest of or 1 lemon, zest of
- Roast the almonds and then finely crush them along with the nuts.
- Add all the nuts to the flour, along with the butter, egg yolks, orange or lemon peel and the raisins.
- Knead this mixture into a pastry, then roll out until it's 1 cm deep.
- Cut out diamond shapes 7-8 cm by 4-5 cm and then place them on a floured baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush the tops with sugared water and bake for another 10 minutes.