Recipe by Donna
A different way to enjoy potatoes.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Lovely potato dish. When I cooked it there was no need for the cornstarch, the potatoes were nicely coated with the tomato sauce, I added a good handful chopped mix of parsley and coriander at the end of the cooking time and served this with sour cream on the side.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion, jalapenos and garlic in veg. oil.
- Add potatoes and continue to cook.
- When potatoes begin to brown, add tomato sauce and green chiles.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and stir into potato mixture to thicken sauce.
- Serve with warm tortillas.