Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My father-in-law makes the yummiest salsa. As close to fresh tasting as I've had. Gets spicier as it sits. I've marked the oil as optional. My f-i-l insists on it. My sister-in-law insists on not. If you can find jalapeno relish, use 2 cans of that instead of the jalapenos and chilies listed below. Best with thin tortilla chips. Unknown yields.
- 2 medium sweet yellow onions
- 6 ounces jalapeno peppers, drained and seeded
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) canshunt's petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel mexican fiesta diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons crisco vegetable oil (optional)
- Chop the onions fine in a food processor.
- Remove and set aside.
- Chop the jalapenos and green chilies in the food processor and add to the onions.
- Place the cans of diced tomatoes in a blender and quickly pulse it on and off twice.
- Add to the onion mixture.
- Add in the cilantro, Accent, salt and pepper.
- Incorporate well before blending in the oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.