Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We used to get these at Nick's in San Diego -since we've moved away I had to recreate. Something different to do with left-over mashed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 2 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a shallow (oven-proof) skillet.
- Fry tortillas until crisp and browned on both sides - drain on paper towels.
- Drain excess oil from skillet and wipe out.
- Warm mashed potatoes.
- One one tortilla sprinkle one-third of the cheese, then spoon on the potatoes, top with one-third of the cheese, then the other tortilla, top with remaining cheese.
- Place quesadilla back in the skillet and put in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Slice into wedges.
- Possible compliments: Taco sauce, Pico de Gallo, salsa, green onions, sour cream.