the most flavorful and tender pot roast you'll ever eat. Marinating overnight makes all the difference. prep time does not include overnight marinating.
- For Marinade:.
- In a nonreactive pan melt 1/2 cup salt into 4 cups of water. Dice 1 onion add to marinade with 3 tbs minced garlic and 2 tsp black pepper. Add roast and cover with foil. after 4 to 6 hrs turn roast so all sides get a good soak in the marinade.
- When ready to cook remove roast and discard the marinade. Place roast in roasting pan add beef stock with 1 onion, 3 tbs minced garlic, 2 tsp black pepper. Cover with lid or foil and bake @ 350 degrees F for 3 to 4 hrs or until meat is tender.
- In the last 45 minutes of roasting time add whole baby carrots, chopped celery, and potatoes that have been cubed with skins on.
- When veggies are tender remove roasting pan from oven. Rest roast on cutting board while preparing the gravy.
- For Gravy:.
- Pour liquid from roasting pan into medium sauce pan. Bring to boil and slowly add slurried flour, reduce to simmer till desired thickness is achieved. Simmer at least 10 mins to cook out pasty taste of flour. May not need to add all the flour. May need to add salt and pepper to taste.
- when gravy is ready serve dinner.
Yum! This was really easy and filled the kitchen with a wonderful aroma while cooking. I've never brined a roast before so this was fun to try. The roast came out tender and full of flavor. Thanks chefmick for a fun and tasty dinner. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.