Recipe by MissMia
This is my dad's sauce. It tastes like Marinara with a pizazz. I love it. I only eat this and homemade marinara. Other than that, I don't like tomato sauce.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauteed garlic in olive oil until golden brown, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until it cooks down about an inch. About two hours.
- My dad would add italian sausage and spare ribs and cook it for a couple hours. I like it without meat.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.