Recipe by knitaholic
This came from my dad, who is infamous for this dip. It's great for game parties, and freezes well if it's not all eaten first. The amount it actually makes is an approximate, as I've never actually checked.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 ounces hot salsa
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown first 3 ingredients in large fry pan or dutch oven; drain.
- Add chiles, chili powder, salsa, and Velveeta.
- Mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until Velveeta melts, stirring so cheese doesn't burn.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or Fritos.
- Can be transferred to a slow cooker to keep warm.