Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This version is a little non-traditional, but very simple, easy, and of course, tasty!
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onions or 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 2 tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sazon goya con culantro y achiote (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup queso fresco (to taste)
- sliced green onion, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, drop in chicken bouillon, and a little salt; boil until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet, over medium heat, and cook onions, tomatoes, and parsley until onions are softened; season with cumin, sazon, salt and pepper.
- Place cooked potatoes into a serving bowl, pour tomato sauce over, covering potatoes, crumble cheese over top, and garnish with green onions, if desired.
Non-traditional or not, it IS delicious! Very colorful and full of flavor. I opted to use the green onions over the sweet onions. This makes a wonderful, filling, meatless meal. Easy to make, too. Thanx for sharing!