Recipe by canarygirl
Possibly the most popular tapa in the Canary Islands.
Top Review by GinnyP
Okay, this just cracked me up to put a damp towel over my boiling potatoes!!! LOVED these with the Mojo Picon recipe #31699! I used 1/4 cup sea salt because I was leary (okay, I was scared!) to use more. But no problem! I'd brave 1/3 cup next time. :)
- 2 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes (should be egg size or smaller)
- 5 thin slices lemons
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sea salt (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange potatoes (if possible in a single layer) in a wide and shallow soup pot.
- Add water--just half way up the potatoes (not covering them).
- Add the salt and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a damp towel.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until done, and water has evaporated considerably--the skins should begin to"wrinkle.
- "This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water and serve with"Mojo Picón" recipe#31699.