Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Possibly the most popular tapa in the Canary Islands.
- 2 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes (should be egg size or smaller)
- 5 thin slices lemons
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sea salt (about)
- Arrange potatoes (if possible in a single layer) in a wide and shallow soup pot.
- Add water--just half way up the potatoes (not covering them).
- Add the salt and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a damp towel.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until done, and water has evaporated considerably--the skins should begin to"wrinkle.
- "This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water and serve with"Mojo Picón" recipe#31699.
Okay, this just cracked me up to put a damp towel over my boiling potatoes!!! LOVED these with the Mojo Picon Mojo Picon (Garlic Sauce)! I used 1/4 cup sea salt because I was leary (okay, I was scared!) to use more. But no problem! I'd brave 1/3 cup next time. :)
just had a week of eating these in tenerife and never got bored. A lovely way to eat a spud,especially with mojos picon which is lovely
My favourite for parties and other casual events. Pretty simple and exotic! I use kitchen towels to remove excess salt (it's bad for you, right?), I'm not clear if that was the author's intention.