1/1 Photo of Papas and Chorizo Frittata
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, roughly diced
- 6 ounces frozen tater tots, thawed
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup other mexican cheese, grated
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1Thoroughly mash the tater-tots in a zip-loc bag.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the mashed tater-tots, garlic and red pepper and cook until potatoes are heated through.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Gently mix the chorizo/potato mixture with the eggs as they begin to set.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook the frittata until the eggs are almost completely set through.
- 6Use a spatula to ensure the egg mixture is not sticking to the skillet before placing the pan in the broiler. Broil on medium for 2 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat. Invert the frittata onto a platter or large plate and spread the shredded cheese over the top.
- 8Lightly cover the frittata with aluminum foil and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- 9Remove foil and garnish with sliced avocado, salsa, sliced scallions and the sprigs of cilantro then serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papas and Chorizo Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 441.2 mg
- Sodium 1439.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g