Recipe by Diane C #2
Paparadelle pasta in a creamy mushroom asparagus sauce. Simple and delicious.
Top Review by gemini08
Delicious pasta dish, perfect for Good Friday! I followed the recipe but used half and half instead of whipping cream, it still had a lovely, creamy consistency without beiing heavy! Definately a keeper! Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb paparadelle pasta or 1 lb broad noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your own pasta or use any broad noodle. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch diagonal pieces and steam for about 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter and cook onions and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Add the cooked asparagus, herbs, pasta and pignoli and toss to coat with sauce. Fold in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.