Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy Chili Substitute
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Spray Non-stick Dutch Oven with Light coating.
- Mince onions and garlic together and saute in Dutch oven for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ground turkey to onion/garlic mixture. Cook until meat until no longer pink. Stirf frequently.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings to meat. Add water.
- bring to a boil, reduce to low-medium setting and cover. stirring frequently.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Stirring frequently to avoid sticking to pan.
- If desired, add 1 tbsp corn starch or mesa to 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir mixture until no lumps. Add to chili for thickining.
- Serve chili with 1/8 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese.