Papa Richard's Turkey Chili
- Spray Non-stick Dutch Oven with Light coating.
- Mince onions and garlic together and saute in Dutch oven for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ground turkey to onion/garlic mixture. Cook until meat until no longer pink. Stirf frequently.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings to meat. Add water.
- bring to a boil, reduce to low-medium setting and cover. stirring frequently.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Stirring frequently to avoid sticking to pan.
- If desired, add 1 tbsp corn starch or mesa to 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir mixture until no lumps. Add to chili for thickining.
- Serve chili with 1/8 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese.