Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Louisiana Style Tilapia / Catfish
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) tilapia fillets (Catfish Fillets)
- 6 ounces bay scallops (5 or 6 Small)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs (Italian Seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (course ground sea salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (black)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 4 ounces fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup green onion
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash Tilapia Fillets and pat dry.
- Lightly dust fillets with breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place Tilapia in skillet and lightly brown on both sides. Remove to baking pan (sprayed with non-stick spray).
- Cut scallops into quarters and coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium. Saute scallops in skillet and add remaining spices. Saute scallops until brown. Remove from heat.
- In medium saucepan, empty soup. Add half-and-half to can and stir to loosen remaining soup. Pour in saucepan. Heat soup mixture.
- Combine soup and scallops in skillet. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over Tilapia Fillets and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- Serve Tilapia Fillets over bed of rice.
- Garnish with Green Onions.