Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My father-in-law Phil always made this potato salad for family get togethers and no one else seemed to do it as good. Phil passed away a couple of years ago but his widow gave me the recipe and I think I have got it right. This is by far the best potato salad I have ever had
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 1 hour.
- Cool and peel and cut into cubes.
- Bring eggs to boil.
- Turn off heat, cover and let set for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice.
- Mix with chopped onion and celery.
- Mix Miracle Whip, cooking oil, sugar and milk.
- Pour over potato mixture and mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.