Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just a good and simple chili recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (680 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- sauté onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Transfer into a large pot.
- Add all other ingredients and cook on low for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or couscous. Sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!
I cut the meat back to 1 pound of beef only. Glad I did since this was very meaty . Good flavour ( I did omit the liquid smoke and boullion) Dh really liked this . Made for PAC Fall 2009