Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This make a great side dish but can easily be a meal as well. Enjoy!
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut in half with insides taken out
- 4 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper (about 1tsp apiece does the trick)
- Carefully remove insides of tomato and discard(or save to make brushetta) set onto cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, blend all ingredients. You can always add additional oil to make ingredients blend together better, but it should have the consistency of slightly wet sand. It shouldn't be "goopy"
- Spoon ingredients into tomatoes until they are full.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until tops are brown.
I got hooked on baked tomatoes when I started visiting in Australia. I fixed these last night and other than adding a bit of cheese on top I didn't change anything. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!!