Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
Traditional Filipino noodle dish. I came up with this blend of ingredients after looking through several Pancit recipes. I feel that boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat has more moisture and flavor. Submitted to www.recipezaar.com on January 12, 2010
Top Review by Amy in Hawaii
This is a very good recipe. If you buy head on shrimp, save the heads and shells. Heat oil in pan with garlic and saute the shrimp heads and shells until they are pink. Remove the shells. The liquor from the shrimp heads can be pressed out and added to the pan. Saute the pork, and add the vegetables just as you have described. I add the shrimp near the end as they overcook easily. The rice noodles should be soaked 15-20 minutes in water first, then cut into 1-2 inch lengths. Thanks for posting.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g sliced chicken meat (uncooked)
- 453.59 g raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, 2 inch julienne cut
- 2 carrots, 2 inch julienne cut
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 283.49 g shredded cabbage
- 118.29 ml shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 591.47 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 226.79 g package rice noodles
- black pepper
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat and saute garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add chicken and shrimp until half cooked.
- Add all vegetables except cabbage and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add black pepper.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage and noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed and noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onions.