Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This is a moist lasagna, if you prefer a firmer texture reduce the amount of beef broth and/or drain the stewed tomatoes. Ricotta cheese can be used in place of the cottage cheese.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 680.38 g hamburger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (793.78 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 59.14 ml red wine
- salt and pepper
- 680.38 g cottage cheese
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shaved
- 29.58 ml parsley flakes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- For meat sauce: Over medium high heat sauté onion and garlic in oil until lightly browned. Add beef and brown. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients stir to combine and simmer uncovered for 1 hour, salt and pepper to taste, add wine stir and cook an additional 1/2 hour. Skim of any grease that forms during this time. Remove bay leaf.
- For cheese sauce mix together all ingredients except mozzarella.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions drain and rinse.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spread out a small amount of sauce then place 1/3 of the noodles on the bottom, add 1/3 cheese sauce, 1/3 meat sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella. Repeat layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated 325º F oven for 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.