1/2 Photos of Papa D's Farmer's Breakfast
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Easy and filling breakfast. I like the flavor of the (garden vegetable) egg beaters. For zestier flavor use (southwestern)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 411.06 g can diced new potatoes, drained
- 236.59 ml roughly chopped green and white onion (include the greens from the green onions)
- 44.37 ml bacon fat or 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- salt & pepper
- 354.88 ml chopped ham
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 425.24 g Egg Beaters garden vegetable egg substitute
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat 2 Tbsp bacon fat (or olive oil) in a large oven proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions. Brown the onions, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes.
- 3Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- 4Add another Tbsp of bacon fat (or olive oil) and Tbsp butter to the pan and add the potatoes and cook the potatoes for about 5 + minutes or until brown, stirring frequently. Sprinkle on salt & pepper to taste as you cook.
- 5Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and add the ham to the pan, stirring frequently until the ham is heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- 6Mix onion, potato and ham together. Add the eggs, stirring to distribute the eggs among the vegetables and ham and top with the parsley. As soon as eggs begin to firm up, remove from heat and transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papa D's Farmer's Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 554.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters garden vegetable egg substitute