Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I adapted this after trying several different beef stroganoff recipes. Prep time includes the marinade time. If you are unable to find Cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning, just use salt, pepper with some garlic and onion powder.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin, cut into small cubes
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper
- Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- cooked egg noodles
- Season the steak cubes with Cavender's All purpose Greek seasoning, let marinate at room temperature for about an hour, then dust with flour.
- In a large skillet, brown steak cubes in the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Remove the steak from the skillet. De-glaze the skillet with the wine and add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Saute until the onion and mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Put the steak back into the skillet with the onion and mushrooms.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, bay leaf and cook covered, over medium low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed and remove bay leaf. Stir in the sour cream during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
This was delicious!!!I made this as written only cutting it down for just DH and wishing I had left it the full amount for leftovers. I make stroganoff off and on but this really was DELICIOUS!!! The flavor was right on! I only wish I would have made this sooner but this will be my go to from now on. DH could do nothing but yummmm. Made for the cook-a-thon "In Memory of Papa D".