1/1 Photo of Papa D's Beef Stroganoff
1 hr 10 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
I adapted this after trying several different beef stroganoff recipes. Prep time includes the marinade time. If you are unable to find Cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning, just use salt, pepper with some garlic and onion powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin, cut into small cubes
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper
- Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- cooked egg noodles
- 1Season the steak cubes with Cavender's All purpose Greek seasoning, let marinate at room temperature for about an hour, then dust with flour.
- 2In a large skillet, brown steak cubes in the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Remove the steak from the skillet. De-glaze the skillet with the wine and add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Saute until the onion and mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Put the steak back into the skillet with the onion and mushrooms.
- 3Stir in the mushroom soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, bay leaf and cook covered, over medium low heat for about 30 minutes.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed and remove bay leaf. Stir in the sour cream during the last few minutes of cooking.
- 5Serve over cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papa D's Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 43.2 g