1/4 Photos of Pao de Queijo (Cheese Puffs-Brazilian)
I have not made this recipe, but after having been to Brazil a few times, and after having found this recipe in the Brazilian Children's Fund Cookbook (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center), I had to add this to my recipes. I hope it turns out as good as those I've tried in Brazil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring the milk, salt, and margarine to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Slowly add manioc starch, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Add the cheese and eggs.
- 6Knead until smooth.
- 7Form into balls approximately 2-inches in diameter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake until golden brown.
- 10Eat while hot.
- 11Makes 20 cheese puffs.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pao de Queijo (Cheese Puffs-Brazilian)
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: