I have not made this recipe, but after having been to Brazil a few times, and after having found this recipe in the Brazilian Children's Fund Cookbook (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center), I had to add this to my recipes. I hope it turns out as good as those I've tried in Brazil!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring the milk, salt, and margarine to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly add manioc starch, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the cheese and eggs.
- Knead until smooth.
- Form into balls approximately 2-inches in diameter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Eat while hot.
- Makes 20 cheese puffs.