Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is from Panzanella Ristorante & Bar in Los Angeles.
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, unevenly cut, rustic style
- 7 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ounce red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 15 large basil leaves, julienne
- 1 cup ciabatta, cubed
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- to taste salt and pepper
- Drizzle bread with 2-3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and toast. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, unevenly cut tomatoes over the bowl, add cucumbers, red onion, basil, salt and pepper; toss together.
- Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and water; then toss together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Before serving, add toasted ciabatta bread and toss together. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and garnish with a basil leaf.