Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You might want to double this... because it is soooo good!
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 cups garlic and herbed croutons
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- pour dressing over vegetables and toss thoroughly.
- Spread croutons in a single layer in a large serving bowl.
- Spoon vegetables evenly over the croutons and pour any remaining liquid in the bowl over all. sprinkle basil on top.
A lovely combination of ingredients! I made my own croutons and sprinkled them on top of the salad; also made only 1/2 the dressing since I tend to like my salads on the dry side. Tasty and crunchy! Thank you for sharing!