Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple Italian salad. Posted for ZWT3
Make and share this Panzanella (Italian Bread and Tomato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb day-old crusty peasant-style whole grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 large tomatoes, trimmed and each cut into 8 wedges (about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced unwaxed cucumber, pared
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- In a serving bowl stir together the bread, the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper to taste until the salad is combined well.