Recipe by Japanese Delight
Michael Chiarello's Casual Cooking Cookbook. Use for Panzanella bread salad recipes or simply as salad croutons. I had posted the recipe for Bagna Cauda butter on 'Zaar also...
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, Bagna Cauda Butter
- 6 cups crust-free cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 6 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat and cook until it foams. Add the bread cubes and toss to coat with the butter. Transfer the bread to a baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with the cheese and toss again while warm to melt the cheese.
- Bake, stirring once or twice, until the croutons are crisp and lightly colored on the outside but still soft within, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.