Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sonoma-Style Italian bread salad.
- 3 cups French bread cubes (1-inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) jarmarinated sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (Sonoma)
- 3 cups tomatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cucumbers, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake until lightly browned, tossing once (8 to 10 minutes).
- Set aside.
- Drain oil from marinated tomatoes into small bowl.
- Halve tomatoes and combine in large bowl with fresh tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Add vinegar, water, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to oil; whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Pour over tomato mixture and toss.
- Just before serving, add bread cubes and toss again.