Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the "First for Women" magazine. I sometimes subsitute pepperoni for the prosciutto and sometimes add mozzarella in order to make this more substantial - it ends up being my main course. :)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes,toasted (10 oz., note: save time by using day old bread instead of toasting the cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- In a large bowl, whish together oil, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Toss again prior to serving.