This recipe is from the "First for Women" magazine. I sometimes subsitute pepperoni for the prosciutto and sometimes add mozzarella in order to make this more substantial - it ends up being my main course. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes,toasted (10 oz., note: save time by using day old bread instead of toasting the cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced olive
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- 1In a large bowl, whish together oil, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- 2Add remaining ingredients.
- 3Toss to coat.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 5Toss again prior to serving.
Nutritional Facts for Panzanella
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar