Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the "First for Women" magazine. I sometimes subsitute pepperoni for the prosciutto and sometimes add mozzarella in order to make this more substantial - it ends up being my main course. :)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes,toasted (10 oz., note: save time by using day old bread instead of toasting the cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- In a large bowl, whish together oil, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Toss again prior to serving.
This is really nice! We've made this twice, the first time following the recipe and the second time taking some liberties. We didn't use the dressing called for here and used our own balsamic vinaigrette. We also substituted sopressata for the prosciutto and red onions for the scallions. Both times we added some fresh mozzarella balls. It was wonderful, Chicagopm. We'll use this often!