Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes a great first course from Joy of Cooking
Make and share this Panzanella recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups breadcrumbs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Toast croutons in 325 degree oven.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Toss the croutons and dressing with the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, black olives, and basil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Great fresh and flavorful salad! I cheated a bit and used purchased croutons instead of toasting the bread. I don't care for raw onions so left them out. The dressing on this was perfect with the veggies and crunchy bread. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012