Recipe by Erin Linnea
My family has been making this for as long as I can remember. It is perfect when you want a fancy breakfast on a low budget. The name means 'pancake', but this breakfast dish is very different from any pancake you'll find in a restaurant. Baked in an oven, this 'cake' is amazing!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt.
- Beat together the eggs and milk, then add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan by placing it in heated oven until melted.
- Add the cake mixture to the melted butter in the pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/8 cup sugar and the cinnamon for the topping.
- While your Panu Caku is still hot, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top and serve warm!
- (I have also added maple syrup to crushed berries, frozen or fresh, and used it as a topping. Very delicious!).