1/2 Photos of Pantry Taco Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Okay, i know there's a BILLION taco soups on here already. But from what ive seen so far, mine's a little different. This recipe is a favorite here at home. Its college-friendly because most of the ingedients are in cans. Its cheap, convenient, filling,several servings, crockpot-friendly, freezable, easy.. its just great. You can fix up the soup however you like, as far as the veggies and meat go. Ive used pork, steak, stew meat, chicken,even venison. The best meat to use, in my opinon is ground hamburger. I usually hate beans, but if i stick em in this i can stretch the soup out and get a little extra protein. Its not mentioned in the recipe, but if have a stray can of diced tomatoes in the back of the pantry, throw it in there too. Again, not a fan of plain tomaters, but this is a good way to get rid of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (I use Taco Bell brand)
- 1 lb ground beef (or chicken, pork, steak, stew meat, ect.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can niblet corn, drained (I double this, usually. Love corn)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, half-drained
- 1/2 of a 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounce)
- 1In large pot, combine hamburger and onion. If you're using chicken, i suggest adding a tablespoon or so of butter.
- 2Cook over medium heat, until meat is browned.
- 3Drain fat, if any.
- 4Over medium-high heat, stir in "soup base","stuff", and whatever else you'd like to add. For cold days, i like to add chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat, and simmer for atleast 1 hour.
- 7Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream. Its GREAT with cornbread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pantry Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 2416.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: