Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spaghetti with common pantry ingredients
Make and share this Pantry Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic and saute until it becomes golden; decease heat and immediately add the tomato paste to cool the pan and prevent the garlic from burning.
- Stir in the salt; cook the mixture over low heat, breaking the tomato paste into small bits with a fork without trying to create a smooth puree.
- When the tomato paste has become aromatic and darkened a shade, remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water; add in the spaghetti.
- Cook at a rolling boil, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti, add to the saute pan and toss to coat the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and basil, if you want; serve immediately.