Spaghetti with common pantry ingredients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add in garlic and saute until it becomes golden; decease heat and immediately add the tomato paste to cool the pan and prevent the garlic from burning.
- 4Stir in the salt; cook the mixture over low heat, breaking the tomato paste into small bits with a fork without trying to create a smooth puree.
- 5When the tomato paste has become aromatic and darkened a shade, remove pan from heat.
- 6Meanwhile, add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water; add in the spaghetti.
- 7Cook at a rolling boil, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente.
- 8Drain the spaghetti, add to the saute pan and toss to coat the pasta.
- 9Garnish with parsley and basil, if you want; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pantry Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.2
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 714.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g