Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I call these "Pantry Sloppy Joes" because we needed dinner and I threw these together from whaat was in my pantry and fridge. However, these can be altered if you like; For a more savory flavor, lesson the beef broth and replace 8 oz. of ketchup with 4oz tomato paste and 4 oz tomato sauce. For chunkier sloppy joes, cut the onions larger and throw in some shredded carrots and/or minced green bell.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 5 garlic cloves, minced finely
- sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 2 tomatoes, puree'd
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml beef broth
- 36.97 ml mustard
- 14.78 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml celery salt, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 14.78 ml thyme or 14.78 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml sage, salt, and pepper
- 2.46 ml coriander and cayenne
- 2.46 ml dark chili powder
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside until needed.
- Cook the beef until nicely browned, pour (with juices) into separate bowl and set aside.
- Cook onion (and/or the carrots or bell) in a bit of oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook through. Add back meat and sauce mix. Cook for additional 5-8 minutes on high until slightly thickened (feel free to add more of any sauce ingredient to balance flavor), and serve hot on toasted burger buns with mayo and/or cheese or plain.