Recipe by pantry shortage
A hearty stew packed with flavors. My family eats this right up ,served with biscuits or a salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 white onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (shredded or cut thin)
- 14 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes
- 4 -6 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelipton vegetable soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by browning beef in skillet, while the beef is browning, pulse in a blender, the canned ingredients , and the bullion cube. Pour the tomatoe pur'e into a large soup pot. Add 4 to 6 cups of water to the tomatoe mixture and heat on high to boil. While the beef is still browning, shred the cabbage , and mince the onion . Drain the meat if needed, and return to the pan , add the cabbage and onion at this point , allow to saute until wilted. Meanwhile add 1 envelope of lipton vegetable soup to the tomatoe base, stir and reduce to medium heat. Add the Meat/Onion/Cabbage mixture to the base. Add salt.Stirr and Simmer on medium heat until all flavors are blended and cabbage/onions are thoroughly cooked. ( approx 10 minutes or more).
- Add water if the soup seems too thick or chunky to your taste.