Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Home-made is best, but sometimes you need something quick! I was trying to see what I could concoct straight out of the pantry, and we were surprised at how great this tasted! The secret to this recipe is the Chicken Base (I use one with added herbs), and simmering the vegetables over low heat for the most flavor. You can substitute pasta spirals, small shells or bow-ties for the noodles if you'd like a different texture in your soup.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 (3 lb) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounces noodles (may substitute pasta for noodles)
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken (in water)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop celery, carrots and slice scallions.
- Put vegetables in the soup pot adding just enough chicken broth to cover.
- Simmer over low heat, about 15 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the broth into the pot, along with garlic, chicken base, butter, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook until done (following the directions for the type of noodles or pasta you're using).