Recipe by Kimmie Kooks
Keep these ingredients on hand to make gravy for recipes that don't make pan drippings. Serve with meat loaf, Salisbury steak, hamburgers or even leftover roast beef or pork.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions or 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon browning sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Set mushrooms aside. Add water to mushroom liquid to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Add bouillon and mushrooms. Gradually add mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.