Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When my twins were two years old I was working evenings. They loved pasta and cheese and it was easy for my hubby to fix. But by itself it is not too healthy. I devised a series of recipes based on a box (or two) of Shells and Cheese and various cans of food. The shells and cheese called for in these recipes are the kind with the cheese sauce, not the powder kind.
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes macaroni shells and cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
- Prepare noodles as directed but do not add cheese yet. While noodles are cooking open cans and layer in bottom of colander.
- Dump noodles on top of other ingredients in colander. By dumping the hot water on top of the other ingredients it heats those ingredients up. Do not rinse.
- Dump all back in noodle pan and add cheese sauce and pepperoni mixing well. Serve immediately.
she has a series of these very clever quick pantry helpers this on was good i made Pantry Mexican Shells and Cheese and used some of the black olives left over from this recipe i just used cheap mac and cheese and it worked i did add 1tablespoon parm and a handful of mozzella cause i used the cheap stuff